Welcome to Asbury Church: a diverse congregation. On any given Sunday, you will see members in suits, shorts, slacks, dresses, and jeans. We offer three distinct services to meet the spiritual needs of those who worship here.
Yours in Christ,
Tom Pasmore, Senior Pastor
Worship – Times and Places
We offer three distinct services to meet the spiritual needs of those who worship here and on any given Sunday, you will see those who attend Asbury in suits, shorts, slacks, dresses, and jeans. Service styles and times include
- 8:15 AM Early Morning Asbury (EMA) Reflective worship in the Sanctuary.
- 8:45 AM Come As You Are Praise and Worship Service (CAYR) in the Fellowship Hall.
- 9:50 AM Sunday School for children & adults.
- 11:00 AM Festive Worship in the Sanctuary with the Chancel Choir.
– Children’s Church and nursery care available during all worship services.
– Hearing impaired facilities are available in the sanctuary and we offer large print bulletins in all services.
– Handicap accessibility is available in both worship spaces.
Summer services begin the Sunday after Memorial Day and end the Sunday of Labor Day weekend.
- 8:45 AM Garden Service; held in our memorial garden includes a casual service with praise music.
- 10:00 AM Sanctuary Service; with special music selections from members and guests.
– Nursery care is available during both summer services.
Click here for the Sunday Preaching Schedule which includes scripture readings for each Sunday.
Altar Guild serves Christ by preparing the altars for all services and to assist the clergy in the worship experience, as well as grow in understanding the worship of our Lord in the United Methodist Church. Contact the church office, 410-749-2131 or EMAIL Karen@asburyweb.org.
Ushers are a crucial part of worship; they are the initial doorkeeper. They greet, distribute bulletins, assist people in seating and those with special needs, aid folk with hearing needs, collect the offering, guide folk during communion, help in emergencies during worship, and generally direct folk to restrooms and answer questions. Contact the church office, 401-749-2131 or EMAIL Karen@asburyweb.org.
Acolytes are open to young people in grades 6-8 who desire to help in worship by serving at the altar, assisting clergy in the leadership of worship. Contact the church office, 410-749-2131 or EMAIL Karen@asburyweb.org.
Andrew Ministers wear something red, along with a name tag and are available at each of our entry doors. They look forward to greeting you and assisting you with your needs or questions.
Crucifer means cross-bearer and is open to young people in grades 9-12. The Crucifer actually carries the cross, leading the processions in worship, serving at the altar, assisting clergy in the leadership of worship. Contact the church office, 410-749-2131 or EMAIL Karen@asburyweb.org.